- Australia has seven of the top 100 universities in the world and offers over 22,000 courses across 1,100 institutions.
- Australia has five of the 30 best cities in the world for students based on student mix, affordability, quality of life, and employer activity.
- All education Institutions are accredited by the Australian government.
- Student visa holders are allowed to work while they study.
- Students can work between full time and 40 hours a fortnight
- Work rights can drastically reduce the cost of studying in Australia especially given that the minimum wage in Australia currently is just under A$17 per hour.
- Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind only the United Kingdom and USA
- There were approximately 500,000 international students in Australia in February 2017, a 15% increase over the last year.
Post Study Options
International students may have a number of options on completing their studies:
- Undertake further studies
- Apply for a work visa
- Apply for a temporary graduate visa
- Apply for permanent residency
- Get married
Living costs and tuition fees are comparatively lower than most other countries